Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to decline any order placed with us.
- All goods are subject to availability.
- All goods remain the property of Mail a Bottle until paid in full.
- Any orders placed on mailabottle.co.uk can only be made by persons over the age of 18.
- All prices stated include VAT at the prevailing rate.
- All prices are subject to change at any time without notification.
- An order placed on our website does not constitute a contract and is made only when we accept your order and process payment.
- All our deliveries are made through UK mail.
- A text or email will be sent to you notifying you of delivery day and time.
- If the designated time of delivery is not convenient a different time can be arranged through UK Mail.
- Your delivery can be tracked through the UK mail website www.ukmail.com
In the event of an item being damaged or lost in transit a replacement will be sent providing the following are satisfied
- When the item was delivered and discovered damaged you signed for as damaged.
- We are notified within 24 hours of delivery quoting delivery reference that item is damaged or lost.
- Damaged goods must be retained for inspection and may have to be returned to us. Replacement or refund will not be issued until we are satisfied with circumstances of loss or breakage.
Additional Returns Information
- If the goods delivered are tainted in any way they must be returned to us with date of purchase, problem with item and how the item has been stored.
- If the goods do not meet your satisfaction you must notify us within a week of delivery and returned to us in a perfectly re-selling condition within 2 weeks after notification.
- If you return the goods the cost of return will be meet by yourself unless the goods were damaged whereby we will have goods picked up.
- If a refund is issued it will be returned to you if the method of payment when you placed the order.
- Liability for loss or damaged item is limited to the selling price of goods only.
- Food hampers and perishable goods cannot be returned.
- While we make every effort to keep stock levels correct, instances may occur whereby an order is placed and no stock is available. In this instance we will contact you.
- We make every effort to keep product images up to date, but should suppliers change label, bottle or enclosure, we will not be held responsible should the product you ordered does not look the same as the image on our website.
- We will not be held responsible should a product you have ordered be damaged in any way and cannot send to you. In this case a full refund will be given.
- Minimum order for items order on mailabottle.co.uk is £10.00 excluding postage.
- The loyality scheme in operation on the Mail a Bottle website is for registered customers only.
- The scheme can be be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
- Telephone - 01493 603366
- Address - Mail a Bottle, Unit 1 Marine Park, Gapton Hall Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. NR31 0NL.
Protecting your personal details on our website.
Last updated: 3 August 2016
The Website is brought to you by VC Vintners. VC Vintners believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms.
When we first obtain Personal Data from you, or when you take a new service or product from us, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us about other services or products (as applicable). You can normally do this by ticking a box on an application form or contract. You may change your mind at any time by emailing us at the address below.
Some of the Personal Data we hold about you may be 'sensitive personal data' within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, for example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
1. Collecting Information
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
1.1. From you when you agree to take a service or product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service and your bank details.
1.2. From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
1.3. From documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
1.4. From third parties to whom you have provided information with your consent to pass it on to other organisations or persons.
2. Using Your Personal Information
2.1. Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
2.1.1. To help us to identify you when you contact us.
2.1.2. To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
2.1.3. To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
2.1.4. To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
2.1.5. To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
2.1.6. To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us where
22.214.171.124. these products are similar to those you have already purchased from us,
126.96.36.199. you were given the opportunity to opt out of being contacted by us at the time your Personal Information was originally collected by us and at the time of our subsequent communications with you, and
188.8.131.52. you have not opted out of us contacting you.
2.1.7. To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners where you have expressly consented to us doing so.
2.1.8. We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
2.1.9. We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
2.3. We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
2.3.1. If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
2.3.2. If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
2.5. In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
2.5.1. We may carry out with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies:
184.108.40.206. credit checks where you have given us your express consent, and
220.127.116.11. fraud prevention checks.
We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments.
2.5.2. If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
2.5.3. If you need details of those credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies from which we obtain and with which we record information about you, please write to our Data Protection Manager at VC Vintners, 1 Gapton Hall Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 0NL.
3. Protecting Information
We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
3.1. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
3.2. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
3.3. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
3.4. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
4. The internet
4.1. If you communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. When you first give us Personal Data through the Website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can also always send us an email (at the address set out below) at any time if you change your mind.
4.2. Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered - this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer. These are called 'cookies'.
These cookies cannot be used to identify you personally and are used to improve services for you, for example through:
- Letting you navigate between pages efficiently
- Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don't have to give the same information during one task
- Recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don't need to enter it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
To learn more about cookies, see:
Users typically have the opportunity to set their browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these options, of course, means that personalised services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage of all of a website's features. Refer to your browser's Help section for specific guidance on how it allows you to manage cookies and how you may delete cookies you wish to remove from your computer.
Multiple cookies may be found in a single file depending on which browser you use.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide, as follows:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Category 3: functionality cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as a live chat session. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Cookie name Description
Google Analytics The _utma cookie is part of Google analytics, and is primarily used to track visits to any site that uses Google analytics. _utma stores the number of visits made from your device, the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit. This cookie does not contain any personal information other than the IP address of your device. This is a third-party cookie.
By using this website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
6.1. The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
6.3. We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
7. Further Information